Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy 2009!

Well, it looks like I've already broken my New Year's non-resolution to update my blog more! I had a very fun New Year's Eve with Claudia and Rocky-- we had a yummy crab dinner with lots of wine and then stayed up till 2:00am watching all the silly New Years stuff on TV. Then next morning Rocky cooked us up some omelets and then I went home to spend the rest of the day being a lazy bum :D 

This last weekend we had a Coached Run at Heather Farms in Walnut Creek. Although it was frigid again, once we got out there we warmed up fairly quickly. I knocked out 8 miles and felt really good the whole time! Since I run at Heather Farms every week, it was nice to run the trail in a different direction and get a change of scenery (although we run there in the dark during the week so it's not like I can see anything anyway!). The most interesting part of the run was that I got pooped on by a bird! I think in some countries that means I'll have good luck! After the run I joined some of my teammates at a diner nearby for breakfast. Our Arizona runners (all three of them) will be doing the half marathon in just two weeks so that was our unofficial send off for them!

On Sunday Claudia, Rocky and I had a day of culture in San Francisco :) We drove over early and went to the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. They had a lot of interesting things, but a lot of weird art too. I like art that looks pretty, not something that looks like a 5 year old could have done it :) After the de Young, we went next door to the Japanese Gardens, which I haven't been to since I was a Freshman in college. It's so pretty there, but I had remembered it being bigger than it was. We walked around a little and then headed off to our next cultural destination, the Legion of Honor.











I had only seen the Legion of Honor from the outside and didn't really know what kind of museum it was and I was pleasantly surprised. I liked it a lot better than the de Young. We walked all through the building, but didn't see the Leonardo di Vinci exhibit because they charged extra for that. By that time we were all getting hungry so we headed to a different part of the city to grab a bite to eat. It ended up being a LONG day in the city, but it was fun to kind of play tourist and explore some new places!

Last night instead of our Buddy Run we had a hill workout. We have Cause for Celebration tomorrow night and after the two holidays, that would have meant 3 missed track workouts for the team. They decided to cancel our usual Buddy Runs and have "track" instead. We met up again at Dougherty Valley High School and did the same set of hills we did a few weeks ago. I think it was a little easier this time than last time! I guess the hill workouts are working! I have to say I don't hate them as much as I used to! 

No comments: