Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Countdown to race #3

I'm getting a sense of deja vu... AND wondering if I haven't gone a little crazy! Why oh why did I decide to sign up for another half marathon?! Oh that's right... it was the pull of the Tiffany's finisher necklace!

Nike is coming up and just a few days and I have to admit that I'm excited about it. It's a beautiful course, although challenging, and the weather is always perfect for running. After feeling overheated during the last two races, I'm ready for the cooler weather! I'm also looking forward to beating my last two Nike times (knock on wood). The first year I did Nike, I hadn't trained at all and had only done a couple of very short runs since my previous half marathon 8 months before. I just did it to do it and really took it easy, walking on and off. Last year I was in the middle of training for my second marathon so I was in much better shape but since I got stuck in a potty line around mile 1, I spent the whole race trying to run through the walkers and catch up to where I was before. Needless to say, neither of my times were very good so this year I'm hoping to beat them both.

The other thing I love (but my bank account hates) is all the cool Nike Marathon gear! Claudia and I went to a girls night out party at Niketown last Thursday and got to check out a lot of the stuff for this year. I was happy for a chance to get there before race weekend since a lot of stuff usually sells out beforehand. I did pretty good though and came away with just a shirt and totally cute bag!! Oh that Nike is so evil!!

Saturday night we had the 2nd Annual Art for Charity! It was a lot of fun, even though not as many poeple showed up as we expected to. I think everyone had a good time though checking out the beautiful art, listening to great live music (THANKS ROCKY and OLLIE!!!) and enjoying yummy wine and food. Thanks to everyone who came and helped us raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

No comments: