Thursday, October 05, 2006

Countdown to race #2

Wow... the passed three weeks have passed way too quickly! It feels like Disneyland was only a few days ago but here I am getting ready for the Rock N Roll San Jose Half Marathon on Sunday!

I don't feel too prepared for this race... With my grandmother passing away, being out of town, and me being the lazy bum I am, I haven't done much running at all since Disneyland. Even though this would technically be the taper period, I don't think that "taper" means "only run twice"! I managed to make it to the Buddy Run on Tuesday and I actually squeezed out 5 miles. I felt really good on the way out so I pushed it a little bit, on the way back I definitely slowed down a little bit.

The weather has cooled down quite a bit-- we even had some rain last night and today. On one hand I'm sad because that means it's almost time to put the flip flops away for good (I wore boots for the first time to work today and my feet were not happy about being squashed into them :(). On the other hand I'm glad because that means that our runs will be much nicer! I think the weather this weekend is supposed to stay cool so I'm hoping that compensates for my lack of training!

Check back next week for an update on how the race went!

No comments: