Thursday, September 28, 2006

Recovery

I've been such a bum lately-- you'd never guess that I have yet another race coming up in a little over a week! We got back from Dinseyland on Tuesday so I didn't make it to the Buddy Run. That Thursday I skipped track, telling myself that I was still recovering from the half marathon. This last weekend I ended up going home to visit my grandmother who was not doing well. She passed away last Friday night, just a few short hours after I had seen her :( After that, I didn't really feel like doing any running that weekend, even though I brought all my running gear with me to YC. Running seemed low on my priority list.

Figuring that I really needed to get my butt in gear and stop making excuses, I did go to the Buddy Run on Tuesday night. I'm so glad I went! I felt like crap at first but I ended up running with Meenu (who was recovering from a cold) and that really helped make the time fly by! By the time we had turned around at the 2 mile mark, I think we both felt better than we had when we first set out! Thanks Meenu for the company!!

Track tonight was canceled due to the long run this weekend in SF but I wasn't going to be able to make it anyway. Tonight I'm off again to the YC for my grandmother's funeral tomorrow. :( I am bringing my running gear though and am telling myself that I AM going to get a run in. I'd like to at least get a 6-8 miler in before the race. It's so hard for me to run by myself and YC doesn't have any nice trails like we do here so I'm stuck running on the street, which sucks. Maybe the fact that my brother is running the Portland Marathon this Sunday will motivate me to stop lazing around!

BTW... check out the side bar under my races. Yep, that's another race you see listed there. There were some extra spots that opened up for Nike, which had been sold out for months, and the pull of the Tiffany's necklace was too strong! So 2 weeks after RNR San Jose, it's off to SF for the Nike Half Marathon!

3 comments:

Phil said...

sorry to hear about your grandmother. will miss running w/u this Saturday, but I know you will get your run in...cuz u ROCK! NO WIMPS!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your grandmother. Thank you for running with me :)

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your gradmother. Will I see you before Nike?