Friday, September 01, 2006

Circuit drills kick my butt :(

Last night at track we started circuit training. Well, they actually started last week but because I was being lazy at home this is the first time I've done them this season. I have a love/hate relationship with circuit drills. I love them because it's a nice change from running around the track umpteenth times. I hate them because they hurt :(

For those of you who don't know, here is what our circuit drills consist of:

Run 2 laps warm up
Stretch
Run 1 lap
Various embarrassing-to-be-seen-doing-in-public leg exercises: Toe walks, heel walks, skipping, lunges, etc.
Run 1 lap

Set #1:
15 squats,
25 crunches,
10 push ups,
15 squats
Run 1 lap

Set #2:
12 bench dips,
15 back extensions ("Supermans"),
12 bench dips,
10 push ups,
15 squats

Run 1 lap

Repeat Set #1
Run 1 lap

Repeat Set #2
Run 1 hard lap (Coach Gary says "hard", I feel like I'm running "hard", yet people walking aren't moving much slower than I am)

Intermix that with Coach Gary yelling "Always finish with push ups and squats!", the hot sun beating down on us and me feeling like I'm going to throw up, and there you have my Thursday track experience. THAT is why my limbs feel like jello!

Tomorrow it's 10 miles... Let's hope the third time is the charm and we can finally do our 10 miler!

No comments: