Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Countdown to Disney begins!!!

Only 3 more days until we're running through Disneyland, California Adventure Park and around the bases at Angel Stadium!!! Am I excited? YEP! Am I ready? Umm, maybe not so much :P

The last week or so has been insanely crazy for me. I had to go to Vegas for work (I know, lukcy me) for a tradeshow on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so last week I was busy getting ready for that. I skipped out on track practive Thursday night to spend the evening doing laundry so no running that night. Saturday I needed to cover the waterstop for our coach's run in San Leandro so instead I wasn't able to get a full run in. I did however run out TO the waterstop (a little under 2 miles) and then back after we were done (another 2 miles) so I did get about a 3.5 mile run in, although there were about 3 hours in between both legs!

After the run and lunch we rushed home and I got ready for the Dave Matthews Band concert at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mt. View! The concert was fantastic (THANK YOU Amy for bringing me along!!!). We had some good seats which, thanks to the people sitting next to us, we got to upgrade to GREAT seats right in the center! It was a long day and a late night but WELL worth it! Dave and the whole band are fantastic live and always put on a great show!

Sunday it was off to Vegas for three days with my boss and co-worker. The whole trip was a lot of hard work but we managed to have some fun as well. Monday night my boss treated us to the new Cirque du Soleil show at the Mirage, The Beatles LOVE. It was the most impressive and amazing thing I've ever seen! Granted, this is the only Cirque du Soleil show I've ever seen so I can't compare it to the other but the combination of the Beatles music (re-mixed studio masters with surround sound speakers in our chairs), the costumes, the acrobatics and dancing were awe inspiring! I highly recommend if you are in Vegas that you see the show!

Now I'm back in the WC and starting to feel a little nervous about Sunday's race. Not so much about finishing, because I know that I'll finish the race, but about the race itself. I've been eating badly, had too many cocktails in Las Vegas (all these tradeshow people do is work then drink!!), hardly any running since the 10 miler and not enough sleep. We're getting up at the butt crack of dawn to drive down at 5 AM on Saturday, then we'll have to be up SUPER early again on Sunday because the race starts at 6AM and then two days of Disneyland before we leave early Tues. to head back. Sigh... I'm pooped already. I'm a girl who loves her sleep and there ain't going to be much of that going on over the next few days! Oh well, it'll be a great trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck this weekend!!