Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It feels like winter

I woke up VERY early Saturday morning to the sound of pouring rain. After about three weeks off after Nike, I had decided that Saturday I needed to start running again and training for my next half marathon in Arizona. I admit... when I heard that rain I was more than a little happy that I may have an excuse to miss the Mentor Led Run that morning. No such luck. The rain died down so off I went to Lafayette/Moraga trail for a run.

We had a good number of people there-- the Winter team just started and some of the local participants came out for their first run with us. Since I haven't done anything since Nike and had been eating like a pig, I decided that I'd run about 4 miles or so. I love the Lafayette/Moraga trail but I hate the slight incline on the way out. On the first two miles out I was definately feeling the Chinese food I ate the night before, the incline and my lack of training. No fun. The way back was much easier and I felt better by the time I got back to the start. :D

Tonight I'm off to the Buddy Run... I'm just hoping it doesn't start raining on us! :D

1 comment:

Phil said...

what do you mean chinese food? i'm fueled by chinese food! you better had phoned in for Emmitt! :op