Tuesday, December 12, 2006

ACHOOO!

Has anyone heard of having allergies in the winter? I never had until this winter. Ever since Thanksgiving I've been sneezing up a storm. I initially thought it was from my parents new little doggie but when I kept sneezing long after I left after Thanksgiving, I had to abandon that theory :( So last week I got this awful, couldn't-sleep-because-I-kept-dreaming-I-was-choking sore throat :( At Stitch N' Bitch last Wed. night Amy told me that yes, people do get allergies in the winter from all the particle matter in the air. GREAT :( After that things went from bad to worse-- sore glands, runny nose, sneezing, coughing and then on Sunday I started losing my voice :( Today I'm feeling much better although I'm still congested and producing more snot than I thought humanly possible.

Because of this, I haven't run since the 2nd of Dec. I had a great run at Heather Farms in the freezing cold. I did 8 miles all by myself (I was out doing a water stop and snuck my run in before the long runners came through) and felt really good! After the run, the Winter Team had their honoree potluck so I got to see Brenda too! She came out with her son and a couple of friends. It was so nice to see her out there with the team again!

Tuesday we had the Send Off for all the Honolulu Marathoners so I didn't go to the Buddy Run. Sat. I was out of town and not feeling well so now he were are again at Tuesday and I'm not going to the run. :( I figure I'll wait until I can breathe properly before I go out there to run in the cold :) I will definitely be running this weekend though at our Coached Run since it's my only chance to get in my 10 miler-- the next two weekends I will be away in Hawaii... WOO HOO!

1 comment:

Phil said...

You are running smart! I'll be out there Sat! Let's see how far I can go.