Friday, January 12, 2007

Finally... my last race of the season!

In the future, if anyone hears me say that I'm going to sign up for 4 races in one season, please stop me. Tie my hands behind my back, sit on me, what ever it takes. My initial feeling that 4 races in one season would motivate me to keep running was wrong. Instead, I stayed completely unmotivated in the running department and have three crappy races so far to show for it. Ok, Disneyland wasn't that crappy... It went much better than I anticipated only because I expected to be debilitated by the heat. Since then, everything went downhill. San Jose was very hard for me, Nike was tough (as usual) and now I have Arizona coming up this weekend! ACKK!!! Funny thing is, even though I've felt progresively worse in each race (and especially AFTER each race) my times are all fairly close.

Since Thanksgiving my training has been really lax. I've made it out to a couple of Buddy Runs and no track workouts. We've only had a few Coached Runs because of the holidays and on the off weekends I really haven't run. I did get in one run over the Christmas break, mainly because 1) Since I hauled all my running crap out there I had to run at least once and 2) I wanted to try out my fun new Xmas present, the Garmin Forerunner 205 :D This watch is awesome... it pretty much does everything but run for you!


Tomorrow I am off to Arizona with the team (me, one participant who I don't know, Chris, who isn't officially on the team, and Mama Lisa). Our flight leaves early so when we get to Arizona there will be time to check in, hit the Expo, relax and get everything laid out for the race before we head off to the Pasta Party. Sunday is race day. It should be a very interesting experience because this will be the first time where I don't know anyone out of the course with me! I know a few poeple doing the full marathon, but no one doing the half. I'll be all alone :( well, me plus the thousands of other people out there pounding the pavement in the dry Arizona air! This is also the first time that I've traveled with the team for a race too. Usually I stick with local races so it's just a matter of driving to where the race is.

I'll post an update and some pictures once I'm back!

1 comment:

Phil said...

Have a great race O! Go rock AZ! I'll be cheering you on in spirit! You can definitely handle 4 races in a season. I just think next time we should space them more evenly. GO TEAM!