Wednesday, December 03, 2008

How much running does it take to burn off pie?

The answer to that is probably more running than I'm doing :) Thanksgiving was great, and I did actually manage to fit a run in while I was in Yuba City. I made my brother go out with me on Thanksgiving morning for a short little jog. We ran over a few neighborhoods, around a new park and then tried to cut over to another road to head back to the house. Unfortunately, there was a big field separating us from the road so we decided to just cut across :) I didn't mind so much because it gave me a chance to catch my breathe after trying to keep up with my brother who, even though he was running slow for him, was still faster than me!

Thanksgiving was spent at my Aunt's house with my family, my two cousins, and my cousin's wife and daughter. We ate way too much yummy food and had fun catching up with eachother. Later that evening we headed over to my great aunt's house to meet up with another set of cousins and see some slides (not the old fashioned kind, but now done on the computer :)) from my cousin Ron's Africa trip.








The rest of my time in YC was spent hanging out with my family, doing a little shopping, and of course, more eating :) My parents just returned from a cruise through the Panama Canal and they had a little "suprise" for my brother and I... they made one of their favorite cruise martini's while we watched a little slideshow of their trip!

My brother had to fly out of Sacramento on Saturday so we went to the Roseville mall to walk around before dropping him off... because we slept in that morning, we didn't have time to run before we had to leave. I'm glad that I at least got one run in over the long weekend!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! Now it's time to get ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Love your family photos and story of our Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time! And don't forget our beautiful Christmas trees we picked out! They are so pretty out on the patio, standing in buckets of water, waiting to help decorate our home...we are so blessed! Love, Mom