Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Turkey Trot (A.K.A. Thanksgiving Week Buddy Run)

Tonight, after many hours sitting in traffic, I finally arrived in Yuba City for the long Thanksgiving weekend. I even got to leave early from work, and it still took me over two hours just to get as far as Davis (which usually takes a little over an hour). Uggg. I guess the cheap gas prices meant more people were able to travel out of town for Thanksgiving.

Even though it's a holiday week, we still had our Buddy Run on Tuesday night. After an unhealthy dinner and drinks at Happy Hour with Lindsay on Monday night, and in anticipation of some heavy eating on Thanksgiving, I was happy to get out there for a run. Since Lindsay's yoga partner had canceled on her, she decided to come out and join us too! We had a much smaller group this week and none of the "steadier" people were there, which meant that I ran with one of my mentees that's a little faster than I am. We ran about 18 minutes out and then back and went about 3.2 miles-- at the end of the run my watch said that we were running at an average pace of a little over 11 minutes miles, including the short walk break we took at the turn around. That's one thing I love about running in the winter... I can push myself a little harder, at least for the shorter distances.

Since I'm in YC until Sunday and won't be working out tomorrow night, or on Saturday with the team, I brought my running clothes so that I can do a little running while I'm at my parent's. We'll see if that actually happens :) In YC we don't have all the nice trails that we have in the Bay Area and it's much harder to motivate myself to go running out on the street!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Happy Turkey Day!!!

No comments: