Friday, November 21, 2008

The end of week 2

Bye bye heat wave... welcome back cold :( I'm still not in cold weather mode yet... I've been so cold lately at home and at work and keep forgetting that I can just turn the heat on!

Well, it's almost the end of our 2nd week of training and everything is going really well! We met up for the Buddy Run at Heather Farms on Tuesday. A few people from the week before were missing, but we had a few new people so we still had a nice sized group. I ran with one of the new girls and we did 15 minutes out and 15 minutes back. She's a tad faster than me, but not at the point where she can run the whole distance yet so we got in some good running, with a few walk breaks thrown in.

Wednesday night I didn't do anything. It's supposed to be a cross training day but since I don't cross train (shhh, don't tell on me!), I just spent the evening relaxing, and actually cooked dinner for myself :)

Last night I went over to DVC for track again. We had gotten the okay to actually work out at the track, but when I arrived the track was dark and there were some TNT people just standing outside one of the gates. Uh oh. I don't know what the problem was, but they ended up tracking down the guy with the key, and had someone else turn on the lights, so we were able to use the track after all! And boy what a difference it makes working out on a real track! After some stretching and a warm up lap, we did a bunch of intervals. We ran a hard lap and a half, and then walked for a half lap to cool down. They we did alternating sections of skipping and walking for a half lap, and then a lap with a half lap cool down. We repeating that but with lunging instead of skipping and boy it was hard to run after doing all those lunges! My legs felt like really tight. The last thing we did was two hard laps and then a cool down lap.


My group, minus one!

After track we all hung around chatting and taking pictures. I really like my group and they've all been very good about responding to my calls and emails, and showing up at the workouts. At track I had 6 out of my 7 mentees there, which is probably the best attendance I've had in all the season's that I've mentored!! The teams seems to really be coming together!

No comments: