Monday, November 24, 2008

Dreams of Pie

Thanksgiving is almost here :D I can already taste my mom's yummy pumpkin pie! All the talk over the weekend seemed to be about Thanksgiving... where people are going, who they're celebrating it with, what they're eating, etc. It's all that seems to be on people's minds and I forget that I still have three days of work, and a Buddy Run, before I'm off to see the family :(

On Saturday our team met up for our first real Coached Run. Last weekend was technically a Coached Run but since we just did a few loops around the track it didn't feel like one. It felt like track practice, but in the daylight! Saturday we met up at Berkeley Marina for a fairly short 2-4 mile run. As short as that seems to me, it's not such a short run for most of the newbies on our team. For many, it's the furthest they've ever run. After some announcements, a warm up and a stretch, we were all on our way. The weather over at the marina couldn't have been more gorgeous. It started out cold, but clear and sunny and after a warm up, we were all toasty warm!




The first mile of the run there is basically around Cesar Chavez Park near the marina. I caught up with one of my mentees around the 1 mile mark and asked her how far she was going. She said she only wanted to do 2 miles, but instead of turning around at one mile, she was going to go to the water stop around mile 2, and then walk back. We ran together out to the water stop, which was just short of two miles, did some refueling and then made our way back. Although my mentee had intended to just walk back, she ended up running the entire way back with me!



After the run I had a mentor group social with one of the other Mentors on my team. 5 out of my 7 mentees were able to come and Phil even joined us too! We went down the street to Seabreeze, which is kind of a glorified fruit stand. I had been worried about going there since the only seating is outside, and the weather at the marina can be iffy. It was still really sunny and not too cold by the time we made it down there for brunch. We had a really good time visiting with eachother and hanging out for a little while!


Later that night Rocky and his fellow MotherHumbuckers played out at the Rockit Room in SF. Phil, Claudia and I met up for dinner in Montclair and then headed over to the city. The boys did a great job, as usual, and since they went on pretty early, we all got home at a decent time!




1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Hey Liv~ I LOVE the new haircut!!! (Moms always notice these things :D)