Friday, November 07, 2008

Back to normal

After all the excitement of the election at the beginning of the week, life has now gone back to normal! Good thing I have the season of TNT on the horizon to keep things exciting!

Last night Amy and I had our last run together (not forever, just for the next few months) and we made it count! It was our first run after the time change so we both brought our headlamps in anticipation of the blackness. Because we knew we'd be running in the dark, we decided to head out in a different direction where the trail is a little more open, and less creepy at night. The only negative was that we were going to have the nice downhill on the way out, and the uphill on the way back. I know... wah, wah, wah! We started running at a pretty good pace, helped by the down slope. By the time we turned around, it was starting to get dark and quickly after it turned completely dark.

One thing I love about running at night is that you can't see the trail ahead of you... you don't see how big the hill is and you can't see how much further you need to run. You just run. When it seemed like we should be getting close to our cars, I started to go a little faster. It ended up that we weren't as close as I thought to the end but I kept pushing it until the end. At that point I just wanted to get the darn run over with! Amy and were both breathing pretty heavily once we stopped... but it felt good. I'm glad that I've been able to keep up (a little) with my running so hopefully I won't make a complete fool of myself at our first team workout!

Tomorrow is Kick Off for the new season. I'll get to meet my mentees, and also hopefully get to know some of my fellow mentors and cappies as well! For the first time (other than my first season), I don't really know anyone on the team, other than Phil. There will be a bunch of the usual crowd at Kick Off, but they're all doing different sports (boo hoo :() I am looking forward to meeting a bunch of new people though, and excited about mentoring again! GO TEAM!!

1 comment:

Phil said...

this is exciting...a whole new group! It does feel like the first time all over again except I got a few medals to start with.