Monday, November 03, 2008

Rain

When they said rain was coming, they weren't lying!! At least the heavy rain seemed to hold off until all the trick-or-treating was over! Since trick-or-treaters don't come through my condo complex, the only ones I really saw were in Protrero Hill in SF, where I went for dinner with some friends. After a very late (at least for me) dinner at Goat Hill Pizza, we spent the next few hours playing board games. I know... it's not a crazy, rousing Halloween party but the competition and fun kept me up far later than a night of partying would have! By the time we left the city it was around 5:30 and after a yummy, greasy breakfast, I finally crawled in bed at about 7:00am. Wow... I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late!

Despite being up for over 24 hours, I didn't actually get much sleep once I did go to bed. I spent the rest of the day being a lazy bum and watching tv in my jammies. By this time it was pouring rain outside... definitely the kind of weather where you want to lay around all day in your jammies! I finally did "get up" and made it out for a filling BBQ dinner, movie and, because I didn't eat enough earlier apparently, some ice cream. There's nothing better than a big scoop of ice cream on a rainy day!

Sunday was pretty much another lazy day although I did fit in some grocery shopping and laundry. My weird sleep schedule, plus the time change really threw me off. By the time I decided I needed to go to bed, I wasn't able to get to sleep very easily. Hopefully a few days of normal sleep will get me back on track!

No comments: