Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!



Happy Halloween everyone!! Finally we have Halloween on a Friday, not on some other week night, but now the weather has turned rainy! There will be a lot of wet and cold ghosts and goblins out there trick-or-treating tonight!! I'm not really a big fan of the dressing up part of Halloween (the candy part is another story!)-- even when I was a kid I never got very excited about it. I remember a few years where I was either a Hobo or a punk rocker, two very easy costumes! The last time I dressed up for Halloween was two years ago, and that was only because we had a Halloween themed TNT run and I was invited to a Halloween party. Last year Halloween came just two short days before I was off to New York City for the NY Marathon and my time was taken up getting ready for that. This year I'm not doing anything that requires any dressing up so I'm happy about that :D


Last night I went on a run with Amy. I really didn't want to go... it was cold and rainy out and all I wanted to do was go home and get under the covers! I was half hoping that it would turn from a drizzle into pouring rain so we could cancel, but also telling myself to just do the damn thing :) I knew that as long as I could get myself out to the run, I'd probably have a pretty nice run.


Our run last night was much faster than our leisurely run on Monday... the trail was also MUCH less crowded! Monday night we took it easy and ran at a pretty steady pace. Last night we ran much faster... I think that Amy figured out that we took about 30 seconds per mile off our time. I think it was one of the best runs that I've had in a long time and I think the cooler weather was a big part of that-- I knew we were running faster, but I felt like I could have just keep going and going. I forgot how much I love running when it's colder out! It's harder to motivate myself to get out to the run in the winter, but once I'm running I always feel really good!


I hope everyone has a happy Halloween and a wonderful weekend. I also want to wish Phil GOOD LUCK on his half marathon this Sunday!!! Don't let a little rain bring you down (I'll do a no-rain dance for you anyway)!

No comments: