Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gala

Last night I got to be Amy's date to the Marine Mammal Center's Annual Gala! Jeanette brought Claudia as her date so it turned into a girl's night out! The gala was at the Ritz in SF, which I had never been to... SO pretty! We got into the city a little early and had a cocktail before cocktail hour :)

Claudia and I

Amy, my date, and I


Jeanette and her "date"


The girls all dressed up :)


The gala itself was very fancy and a lot of fun. First we got to enjoy some champagne and appetizers while we visited with some of the other party goers and then we moved into one of the ballrooms for dinner, a presentation and auction. The three course dinner was amazing... we started with a salad with pistachio crusted goat cheese and raspberry vinaigrette, then the most delicious braised short ribs, horseradish mashed potatoes and green beans, and finally an apple-raisin pastry for dessert. YUMM!!




How cute is this little seal?!



The live auction was a lot of fun too... I'd never been to an auction before and I had to hide my paddle so I wouldn't be tempted to raise it, just for the fun of it! Plus, I couldn't afford any of the auction items-- the bids for each started in the thousand dollar plus range! :(



Pretending to bid


The whole night was incredibly fun... THANK YOU Amy for bringing me as your date!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You're welcome! You make a great "date" at these fancy functions!