Friday, October 17, 2008

Ready to run... I hope

Well, the time has come. The Nike half marathon is just two days away. Am I ready? I think so... I hope so! I spent yesterday evening in the city, checking out the Expotique, picking up my race packet, and doing a little shopping. The Expotique was, as usual, VERY crowded, and this was only Thursday! I shudder to think how crowded it's going to be tonight and tomorrow once all the out-of-town runners start arriving.

The packet pick up went very smoothly and then Amy, Jeanette and I spent a little time walking around checking everything out. They had the usual manicure area, iPod engraving and gait analysis stations, and also had a new photo booth, and button making area. There were lines for pretty much everything except for the oxygen station so that's really the only thing we did. I felt a little silly sitting there with this tube up my nose inhaling Sex On The Beach "flavored" oxygen, but it was kind of fun :)

After partaking of a free glass of wine, some cheese and crackers, and a mini-sized Jamba Juice, Amy and I headed over to Niketown to see what kind of trouble we could get into! I usually avoid putting spending too much since Nike's clothes only seem to fit very small people, which I am not. But this year we had heard that their clothes were fitting a little roomier, and truer to normal sizes so I was both excited, and nervous-- excited for me and nervous for my bank account! Turns out that I didn't do too badly... I limited myself to a really cute blue t-shirt and a teal long sleeve running shirt that will come in handy running this winter. There were a bunch of other things that I WANTED, but definitely didn't NEED-- I think I'm going to wait awhile and see what they end up putting on sale!

Tonight I have nothing to do but laundry, carbo load and get ready for the race. I am so excited to have a night with nothing to do and no trip into the city planned (I also had to go to the city on Wed. for our Winter Season Mentor/Cappy Training)! Tomorrow I can sleep in, and then I'll pack everything up for the weekend and head over to Rocky and Claudia's in the afternoon. We're all going to the TNT Pasta Party tomorrow evening in SF, and then staying in Daly City so we'll be a little closer to the starting line on Sunday morning.

GOOD LUCK to everyone who is doing either the Full or Half Marathon on Sunday! Enjoy the wonderful weather, scenery and remember to RUN LIKE A GIRL!!!

2 comments:

Phil said...

Good luck this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Sunday, I'm sure you'll do great!