Friday, October 03, 2008

Am I ready?

Our biggest run before Nike is happening tomorrow... the 10 miler! Claudia and I are meeting up to run together... we've figured out a double out and back course so that we can stop back at the car halfway through and fill up our bottles if necessary (since we won't have the benefit of water stops :( I'm not as nervous about this long run after doing 8 a couple of weeks ago... I know it's not going to be easy, but I know we can get it done! Wish us luck!!

Last night I met up with Claudia and Amy in Danville at the Iron Horse Trail. Even though we all have slightly different paces, it's nice to have that accountability when you know you're supposed to be meeting people to run. I think we all figured that we'd start out together and then as people felt speedier or slower, we could all settle into our own pace. Well, that didn't happen... we actually all stuck together! Since we were heading out North on the trail first, we got a nice downslope. The weather was perfect and there was no huffing and puffing, but I wasn't sure if the decrease in exertion also meant we were going slower. Nope, we were actually going faster than Amy and I had during our last run! On the way back our exertion levels were higher, but that was mostly because we were running on a slight upslope. I think our return pace was the same, or even a little faster than our pace for the first half! It was a great run, and it's nice to be feeling a little more in shape... after each run I feel more and more like I did when I was running regularly with Pam and Amy. Hopefully that means I will be more prepared for Nike too!

1 comment:

Phil said...

Good luck tomorrow on the 10-miler! It'll be cake.