Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Team Fearless

How do you like our new team name? I actually like it and hope that it proves to be a good description of us while we're out there running in the cold, dark and sometimes rain!

Saturday morning we had Kick Off in SF for Team In Training. It's been a little while since I've been a mentor and I was both nervous and excited about meeting my mentees. A few of them weren't able to make it but, since I was also looking out for a fellow mentor's mentees, it worked out well. It was a LONG day though! Phil picked me up at 6:10 so that we could carpool into the city together and after Kick Off and lunch afterwards with Claudia, I didn't get home until about 2:30!

Once I got home I took a short nap and then had to head out to the city again for my friend Kelvin's birthday. After dinner the whole group headed back to Kelvin's to hang out and play some games. It ended up being another late game night and I didn't roll into bed until the wee hours of the morning!

Thankfully I got to sleep in on Sunday and then relax at home for awhile. I had invited Claudia and Jeanette over for girl's day. We spent the afternoon talking and catching up with eachother. It was a nice, relaxing way to spent the afternoon!

Monday night I got together with the other TNT mentors, captains, coaches and manager for a social and training in Oakland. Although I have been through the training many times before, it was nice to get to know the rest of the volunteer staff. Since we weren't able to have our social before Kick Off, many of us met eachother for the first time AT Kick Off and even then, didn't have much time to get to know eachother. Everyone seems like a lot of fun and I think it's going to end up being a great season!

Last night we had our first official training... a Buddy Run at Heather Farms. We had a pretty good turnout... about 10 people total! We ended up doing about 3 miles and I found a group that seems to be roughly my pace. The weather was nice and we even had the moon to light the way for us a little! Even though we had a few newbies out there, everyone seemed to have a great first run!

Joking with one of my mentees at the Buddy Run

No comments: