Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back to our regularly schedule runs

Now that Tri season is over and she is (knock on wood) injury free, Amy and I were able to get back to our Monday night runs! We met up last night in Alamo at 5:00. Since Amy had just finished her tri about a week ago and a 10 miler on Saturday, and I had just done a high mileage (for me) run, I figured we get in a leisurely paced three miles. Yeah, not so much. We started out running at a pretty good clip, chatting along. By the time we got close to our usual turn around point, I was huffing and puffing! We took a very short walk break to catch our breath and drink some water after turning around, and then started back. I think we were running a little faster on the way back because all talking had ceased :) By the time we finished we were both pretty out of breath! So much for our leisurely run :)

No comments: