Monday, September 29, 2008

3 Week Countdown

EEEK!! It's less than 3 weeks to Nike! I'm feeling much more confident about it than I was a couple of weeks ago, but the true test will be the 10 miler this coming weekend! On Saturday Claudia and I met up with the Bay Side team out in Alameda. I had anticipated cool weather (it's either freezing, overcast and windy or HOT out there) but we got the HOT weather! We started at 8:00 and within the first two miles we could feel how warm it was getting. We went another mile out and then turned around to head back. I felt really good, and it was fun to catch up with Claudia and chat. I love running in Alameda, but the last two miles are a bitch... you think the Ferry Terminal is around every corner! Finally we made it back to the start (neither of us had our watches so I don't know how long it took us) and I think we both felt really good. Warm, but good :)

I spent the rest of the day doing some cleaning at the house. Lindsay was out of town so it was a great time to unleash my inner Monica (Friend's reference for those that don't know) and start scrubbing. I got a lot done, and also managed to fit in a nap on the couch. Later that night Lael and I checked out this new burger place in Walnut Creek. It's a "customized" burger joint, which means you get to pick everything you want on your burger, from the meat (beef, chicken, turkey, veggie) to the type of bun, and everything in between. It was really good, and VERY filling :) We followed that up with some yogurt (that I couldn't even finish) and then went to see Eagle Eye at the theatre which was pretty good. Very much like a newer version of Enemy of the State with Will Smith and Gene Hackman.

Sunday I was on a cleaning binge again and did some more scrubbing, sweeping and steam cleaning. I did a few errands while my landlords were over fixing up a few things, and made it home in time to get some of the recent complex gossip :) Then it was on the couch for DH and Brothers and Sisters-- I'm so happy that all the new shows are coming back!!

No comments: