Friday, September 26, 2008

Crazy week

Ugg... this has been a crazy and not very fun week. I'll just leave it at that :( The one thing that has been going pretty well is the running! I ran on Monday with Amy and, other than feeling very out of breathe at the end, I felt really good. Thursday we met up to run again. It was much warmer out than it had been in the beginning of the week but it was still a good run. I wasn't quite as out of breathe at the end but I think we ran at about the same pace, which is a good sign. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with Claudia and the Bay Side team that's gathering in Alameda for a Mentor Led Run. We're just going to do 6 miles this weekend, and then next weekend (2 weeks before the race) we'll do our "long" 10 mile run. After that we'll "taper" and then it's race time! We'll have to see how well the race goes after my 4 week training schedule :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I eat too many gummy bears last time? I saw you at the water stop on shoreline. Didn't you see me? I was the guy on the silver motorcycle going in the opposite direction, you know, with a big silver helmet on. I was on my way to pick up some tickets to the Cal game today, and was running a little late for the meet spot, which was actually near your other water stop at Harbor Bay. The tall walking guy was manning that one, but he didn't recognize me in my helmet either.

Anyway, I read that you're running again. You were taking a break from running that time I volunteered to eat gummy bears with you. So you were huffing and puffing at 3 miles? I might actually be able to hang with you for part of a run then. I dunno, I've been swimming two miles every few days, but that's not the same as running shape.