Monday, August 28, 2006

10 miles... foiled again :(

Since our Disney training group didn't do 10 miles last weekend in Antioch (except for Karen :D) we decided to do our 10 miler this weekend. Well, that didn't happen-- darn captain duties got in the way :( We planned on getting two miles in after we got our water stop people on their way and before the team got there, and then 8 miles with the team. But by the time we got the water stop people loaded up and on their way, we didn't have enough time run before our team arrived. So we settled on doing just 8 miles with the team.

We ran at the Berkeley Marina so it was overcast and cool... thank god! The East Bay AND SF Summer teams were also out there with us so there were TONS of TNT shirts and "Go Teams" along the trail! I felt pretty good out there, except for the last mile, which at Berkeley Marina is always mentally tougher for me because you think the finish is just around every corner. Luckily I was running with Phil and he was feeling crappy so I knew I couldn't wimp out! I'm so glad that I decided to take my shoes back in to Forward Motion and get the next higher level of support... they feel SO much better than the other ones and all the little aches and pains have gone away. It's amazing what the wrong shoe can do to you!


After our run in Berkeley: Salina, Trish, Lindsay, Vanessa (our honoree), me, Phil, Claudia and Matt.

Sunday afternoon we had a nice get together with some of the EB mentors at Pyramid-- drank some yummy beer, ate some yummy pizza and talked about all the cool races everyone has done. Even though I really have no interest in training for another marathon right now, getting together and talking with all these other marathoners always makes me think "Hmmm... what do I want to do for my next race?!"

1 comment:

Phil said...

Let's try for NYC 2007! Hopefully i'll get selected this time!