Monday, August 14, 2006

Team Hope

On Saturday we had our first Mentor Led run of the season, led by Mentors Phil and Jeremy. Since Karen, Phil and I are training for Disneyland, we are running different mileages than the Fall Team-- we were supposed to do 8 miles while the team only had to do 2-4 miles. We decided to meet up at 6:45 to run 4 miles and mark the course and then do the other 4 miles with the team.

As we started off on our first 4 miles, the weather was perfect for running. We made pretty good time although I think we were all wondering at the end how we were going to run 4 more miles. We met up with the team, refilled our water bottles, Phil gave me some moleskin to cover a blister that was forming and we were off again! After our stretch, the team talked a little about what our team name should be and someone came up with the idea for Team Hope. I think that's a great name and totally fits our team this season and I think everyone who was there agreed, so pending Coach Al's approval, I think we finally have a name for our team!

The second 4 miles felt great, I think we even had negative splits and did those miles faster than the first 4! At least it felt like we did! Maybe it was running with the team, having new people to talk to and take our minds off the run that made it go more quickly... I'd like to think though that we were all just faster! It felt great to reach the 8 mile mark-- it makes me much more confident about doing the half in just 4 weeks!

2 comments:

Phil said...

dayaam! only 4 weeks left??? does that mean we are doing 10 this week? the runs have seemed to be going a lot faster lately.

Claudia said...

YEPPERS, 10 this weekend :o( YIKES!!

and

I like TEAM HOPE :o)