Friday, August 11, 2006

New shoes and our first track workout

Well, Wednesday I went and bought some new shoes so I'd be all ready for track the next night. Saucony has upgraded their Omni line and the newest version, Omni 5 seems to fit a little snugger than the Omni 4s. Guess what that means? Yep, I had to buy a Men's shoe because my feet are like boats :( The sales guy also told me I didn't need the Ultimate support, just moderate, but I'm not sure if I agree with him. We'll see.

So last night off to track I went with my whiter-than-white (even whiter than my legs) brand new men's shoes. Because this was a our first track, Coach Gary did a lot of talking and we only did a little running. After our two lap warmup he talked to us about proper breathing, proper form and the fact that because we aren't sprinters, we should not be kicking ourselves literally in the butt while we run :D FINALLY we started our actual workout for the evening, running either 14, 16 or 19 minutes. Because I'm not a glutton for punishment and it was a little warm out, I went for the 16. It went well-- felt nice to run and I got to talk with a couple of the new participants. I'm still a little iffy about the shoes so I'll try them on our 8 miler tomorrow and see how they feel. If they're still not working for me, back to the store they go... with Disneyland right around the corner, I don't have time to fool with shoes that don't fit right.

No comments: