Thursday, December 13, 2007

Beef brisket... It's what's for dinner

Last night Amy hosted a Stitch N' Bitch get-together at her house. Because of all our crazy running schedules, we hadn't gotten together for quite awhile. Even with many people not able to come due to holiday committments, it was fun to get together for the evening to enjoy some good food and wine. Notice I left out the knitting part? That's because I didn't touch ANY of my knitting :D Once we were done eating, I didn't want to even bother with the hat I brought to knit on. I think I'm going to rip it out anyway since it looks like it may be too small, and start over with something else! I'll probably start something easy so I can bring it on the plane with me to Hawaii. It'll give me something to do for those 5 hours, AND I can torture my brother with the knitting needles :D

Before we left Amy's, Claudia gave me all the fixen's for the beef brisket that she's making for Saturday's shindig. She got two BIG pieces of meat, and all the ingredients for the marinade. It has to soak for 24-48 hours so we thought it'd be easier to let it marinade at my house since that's were we'll cook it. We have already named the briskets... Tex and Rex :D (I know, it's wierd, but funny too... after all, we have to continue the tradition after Betsy and Patsy, the sister piggies). I took Tex and Rex home and now they're soaking in a yummy bath of soy sauce, lemon juice, and LOTS of garlic!

No comments: