Monday, June 16, 2008

A Happy Father's Day Weekend

Even though I just saw my parent's last weekend, I couldn't NOT see my dad for Father's Day so I had originally planned to make a trip to YC for the weekend. When I talked to my mom last week though, she brought up the idea of going to Tahoe for the weekend instead. My parents are in the middle of remodeling our Tahoe condo so they can sell it :( Boo hoo. Since I hadn't been up to Tahoe since last year, and since I might not be able to get up there again before the unit sells, I thought it was a great idea to head to Tahoe for Father's Day weekend!

Since the sun doesn't go down so darn early this time of year, I decided to just drive up to Tahoe on Friday after work. This would give me at least one full day of relaxation! Too bad everyone else decided to head out of town later Friday afternoon too! I was basically stuck in traffic from here to Sacramento. I guess the high gas prices haven't really deterred people from traveling! Once I started climbing into the foothills though the road got much less congested and it was smooth sailing the rest of the way to Incline Village.

Ahhh, I LOVE the lake! I love that first glimpse of it as you come down the hill into King's Beach. It's just so dang purty :D I finally rolled into the condo complex a little before 9:00... a whopping 4.5 hours since I left work :( Once I got there I spent the evening catching up on things with my parents and checking out all the changes in the condo (new wood floors, new carpet, new sofas, even a new fridge!)

The next morning after breakfast we decided to head down to the beach to relax and read. Us Lamons are funny... we're not really bathing suit people and I think we were the only ones laying out on the lounge chairs in our regular clothes :) Oh well, we enjoyed ourselves! We read, ate, applied lots of sunscreen, read some more, and even fell asleep. It was perfect beach weather, even though we all kept moving our chairs back into the shade as the sun rose higher in the sky :) The only thing marring our perfect day was all the smoky haze hanging over the lake. When we first got to the beach you could barely see the mountains on the other side of the lake... just about 15 miles away. As the day went on the sky got hazier and hazier and the mountains completely disappeared :(


Where are the mountains? It almost looks like we were at the ocean!


After our day of lazing on the beach, we went back to the condo, got cleaned up and then went to dinner down at the Hyatt. My parents had gone there just a couple of weeks before and my parents were raving about the steak fillet that my dad had... since it sounded so good, all three of us had the same thing! After our yummy dinner we went back to the condo so my dad could open gifts and we could have our dessert :D

The next morning I packed up, ate breakfast and watched some tv before heading back to Walnut Creek. This time there was much less traffic on the road and I made it home by early afternoon! It was a fun weekend with the family, and I'm glad I got the chance to be up at the lake, even if it's for the last time... wah, wah, wah!! :(

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Liv~We had a wonderful time with you at the Lake for Fathers' Day! Thank you for all the effort in coming. Don't worry, we'll continue to have family fun at Tahoe, even if we have to rent!!! Luv you tons, Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making the trip, even if the traffic was bad!!!I used the coffee mug at work Monday, with "the kids" photo prominently displayed. Oh, and your brother sent a tie (classic father's day gift?)

Thank's for making it a great Father's Day, Dad