Friday, June 13, 2008

It feels like summer has arrived!

Now that it's hot, I wish it were cool :( I'm just never happy with the weather! Thankfully since my event is over, I don't HAVE to be out there training in the heat! That doesn't mean I WON'T be out there though! I am still planning on doing the Monday/Thursday runs with Pam (joined by Amy on Mondays) although with our busy schedules, it's down to about once a week right now! I'd really like to keep up with at least some running during the summer so that when it's time to train for Nike at the end of the summer, I won't have to start all over again!

Monday night I met with Pam and Amy for our run. It was warm out but not too bad at all. Amy informed us that she would be taking it slow, and that was fine by me! Towards the end Amy took a walk break and Pam and I picked up the speed a little bit. It was nice to get out there and run with the girls... especially Amy, who I hadn't run with in awhile! I'm glad that the weather held out for us too!

The rest of the week has been pretty laid back. Tuesday I went to dinner with Lindsay at Pyramid. The weather was perfect for sitting out on their back patio enjoying some beers. Last night I had Send Off for our Spring season runners who are going to Alaska next week for the Anchorage Marathon. We have just a few runners going so Send Off was nice and small. It gave us more of an opportunity to visit and chat with eachother!

Tonight I'm off to Tahoe for the weekend! I haven't been up I think since last summer and I'm ready to go up and hang out at the lake! Of course I'm going up there when the gas prices have shot through the roof! Last weekend it was a trip to Sac, this weekend Tahoe... what a time for all this driving around!!

No comments: