Monday, July 14, 2008

Exhausting Weekend

Exhausting, but fun I should have said :D Last week I spend pretty much the whole week recovering from 4th of July and saving my energy for this last weekend :D I managed to fit in one night of exercise so it wasn't a complete wash :) Since the weather last week was so insanely hot, and the air was still icky out, Amy and decided to meet up and walk instead of run. Thank god I grabbed a water bottle with water on the way out of the house because even though we were just strolling along, I needed it! On the way out we were just chatting away and by the time we decided it was time to turn around, we'd gone about 2 miles. So round trip we did about 4 miles, compared to our usual 3.2 miles when we run. Not bad... it felt nice to get out and do some kind of exercise (if you could actually count our strolling pace as being "exercise") :D

This was definitely a Team In Training weekend. On Saturday our friend Brandon was hosting the Diablo Valley Spring team End of the Season Party. He invited a few non-DV team peeps, me included, and since we never turn down a reason to eat and drink, we decided to go. We know a few poeple on that team so we still had a lot of fun-- but boy did I eat too much :( My food baby was about to pop! We got home about 8:30 and then I headed out to Danville to meet up with a friend for drinks.

Sunday morning I got to sleep in a little (I LUV that part about not training... sleeping in :D) and then headed out to Lake Temescal where we were having the Bayside Spring team End of the Season party (which I AM a part of :D) The BBQ wasn't supposed to start until 12:30, but I went out around 10:00 to grab a spot. Thankfully I did go out early because there was only one lonely little picnic table left. Of course there was NO grill so I called Claudia and she came to the rescue :D THANK YOU!! I had never been to Lake Temescal and it's actually a really great spot for picnics/BBQs. It's a little confusing to get to, even though it's tucked right between Highway 24 and 13. As the day went on, the place got PACKED with people out there enjoying the warm weather. We spent the afternoon catching up with teammates, eating MORE food and having a good time. I was so pooped though by the time that I got home, I didn't even unpack the car-- my trunk is jam packed with two coolers, a small BBQ and all sorts of other stuff! I'll get to it later!

Tonight Amy, Pam and I are back to our regularly scheduled run... thankfully it's cooled down a little and the air isn't so crappy. After about two weeks off of running, we'll see how well I do tonight!

No comments: