Friday, July 18, 2008

O.M.G.!

Last night while I was waiting for So You Think You Can Dance to start at 9:00, I watched the season premiere of Project Runway that my TiVo had taped on Wed. night. I was watching along when all of a sudden a familiar face pops up onscreen. Just like a teenager, the first thing out of my mouth was "O.M.G."! I went to college with one of the designers, Jerry Tam! I instantly recognized him, even though it's been 10 years since I last saw him. We weren't what I would call "friends" in college, but I definitely knew who he was, saw him at parties, and we had a few mutual friends.

Part of the reason I was so blown away (other than the fact that I KNEW someone on TV!!) was because I never would have guessed in college that he would end up designing clothes. Santa Clara University is not an artsy fartsy college, and Jerry was a frat boy -- not that you CAN'T be a frat boy AND designer, it's just that the two don't usually go hand in hand! I read his bio online and it says that after getting his degree he started a software company and then decided he wanted to pursue his creative side and moved to New York where, after attending a couple design schools and working for another designers, he now has his own clothing line called FORM. Who woulda guessed?! Unfortunately, Jerry did not make it far and was the first person to be "Auf'd" :( So sad :(

Last night before the Project Runway excitement I went on a run with Pam. Ugg, I felt just as sluggish as I did on Monday! This time, because of the Farmer's Market in Danville, we met at the Park and Ride off Sycamore Valley. We ran out on the trail, and then through the neighborhoods back to Sycamore Valley. I think part of why I felt so tired was because a lot of the run (except for the last little bit down Sycamore Valley back to the lot) was mostly an incline :( I definitely felt it and by the time we got back to our cars, I was pooped! Again, I didn't have my Garmin on so I don't know how far we went (I know it was further than usual) and what our pace was. It could be that we were running faster than usual, OR that I was just lagging :( Hopefully this Monday's run will go a little better!

No comments: