Friday, July 25, 2008

Welcome back to the hot weather and smoke... Uggg

Yep, they're both back! After some REALLY cool days, the weather started warming up and with a change in the wind, the smoke made a reappearance as well! Just in time for a nice run on Thursday!

Pam and I met up for our usual Thursday night run. I hated the route we took last week... too hilly and long, so requested that we change things up this week :) Pam thankfully agreed and our new route was much easier and gave us a little change in scenery. When you run the same trail or route over and over again it starts to get boring so it's nice to change it up a little! Again, I forgot my Garmin, so I'm not sure how far we went, or what our pacing was. I felt like we were running a tad faster than usual, but Pam felt like the heat was having more of an effect on us... she was probably right, it was pretty warm out.

I'm sad that our running days together are almost over. :( In just a couple of weeks, Pam will be moving all the way to Washington, DC. I initially met Pam through Amy, when Amy let me crash their twice weekly runs after the New York Marathon. When Amy got injured and had to take a break, Pam and I kept running together and got a chance to get to know eachother better-- she's been a great running partner! I think I've got at least one more run left with her before she leaves and after that I'll have to figure out a new running schedule!

No comments: