Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Nothin' Much Happening

I don't really have much to update about since my last post. The smoke has cleared up and we can finally see the blue sky. :D The fires haven't disappeared though, the wind is just blowing the smoke another direction and I heard it's supposed to change direction again soon. Hopefully it'll stay nice through the holiday weekend!



You can't see it very well but the red arrow is pointing to Walnut Creek.


I didn't do much over the weekend... no training and no activities planned so I just hung out. Friday I hung out with my friend Lael... we had gelato (YUMMM) and rented Fool's Gold (stupid). Saturday I just hung around the house and Sunday I walked around the Lafayette Reservoir, cleaned the house, and THEN hung around some more :D It was a little boring, but also nice since the past few weekends have been packed with stuff to do. It was also a nice break before the 4th of July and birthday festivities this weekend!

Last night I met up with Amy and Pam for our usual Monday night run. Although it had been a little cool in Walnut Creek, it was warmer in Danville. I guess I should have worn running shorts instead of capris! At least we had a break from the icky smoke! This will be one of the last runs with Pam... she recently got word that she had been accepted for a job in Washington, DC :( Hopefully Amy and I will continue to run on Monday nights, but I may have to find a new running buddy for Thursdays :(

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh Please Please Please continue running with me on Mondays!! I'll be back on Thursdays the 3rd week of September so wait for me. :)