Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kicking Cancer's Butt

A few months ago a friend of ours was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer. The mass that was inside of her was too large to remove through surgery but after a few months of chemo, it was sufficiently shrunk down enough to be removed! She was a complete rockstar during Chemo and didn't experience many of the worst side effects. She came out of surgery yesterday and all reports say that she is doing fine and recovering well! WOO HOO!!! Now all my fingers and toes are crossed hoping that she's recovers quickly and that we find that the surgery got rid of all the cancer!

Today after work I'm off to Clear Lake for a weekend of camping. I've never been up there before and I've heard that despite the name, Clear Lake is not actually clear, especially at this time of year! One of the most popular activities at Clear Lake is fishing, which means there are lots of BIG fish in there, which means I will NOT be getting in the water!! I think we'll have a lot of fun just hanging out, relaxing, eating and maybe getting in some hiking. I'm sure I'll be coming back on Sunday one dirty, sweaty, tired girl!

No comments: