Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Change Part II

A little while ago, I wrote about how there seems to be a lot of change going on around me, and how there was a change happening in my life too. Most of you already know what that is, but for the rest of you, I HAVE A NEW ROOMIE!!! I know, that's not a mind blowing change, but it is kind of big for me... The Girl Who Hates Change :D

About a month ago, my former roomie told me she was going to be looking for a place to live in Berkeley, which is closer to where she goes to school, and where she really spends most of her time. It was a move that made sense, but I wasn't excited about the prospect of looking for another roommate. It's such a crap shoot... you could start out with someone who seems normal, only to find that they drive you crazy. But also you can end up with someone who becomes your best friend (LOVE YOU Claudia!!)

So, needless to say, I was not excited about my roommate's move, especially since she really didn't know WHEN she would be moving. She had wanted to take her time and find the perfect place for her, which put me in a holding pattern until she found that place. But everything turned out perfectly :D My very good friend Lindsay was also going through some housing drama and it ended up that when I needed a roomie, she also need a place to live AND a roomie! Perfect!

So last Thursday the former roomie moved out, and I spent the next few days cleaning like a mad woman! And don't you hate how you start cleaning, and everything starts to look even dirtier?!! After I got home on Thursday I cleaned, until I finally went to bed. Friday night after going to see Jeanette's band play in Blackhawk, I cleaned until bedtime. Saturday before going to Sonoma with Rocky and Claudia, I cleaned. Sunday before helping Lindsay move in, I was still cleaning! Just when I finally felt better after trapeze, I'm sore again from all the scrubbing!

Now it's been two days since Lindsay moved in and the place is really starting to come together! There are still a few things to be put away, and a bunch of pictures to be hung, but it really looks nice. Last night we had Claudia, Rocky amd Lindsay's BF Russ over for dinner and to help us put Lindsay's computer together (THANKS ROCKY!!!) and hang some pictures (THANKS RUSS!).

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Welcome, Lindsay!! So glad it worked out to be Liv's roommate. You'll love the creek overlook!! Change is good this time...have fun!! Love, Sylvia