Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More birthday celebrating

Is it just me or does it seem like the Olympics have been on forever, even though it's only been a few days? This is going to be a long two weeks!

Friday night I managed to watch just about 45 minutes of the Opening Ceremonies. Very cool, just way too long. Since I was TiVoing it, I figured I'd just watch it later when I could "boop, boop" through the commercial and boring parts! Plus, I needed to get up early so that I could be in Alameda by 6:30 to help out with a water stop :( Water stop duty was actually pretty fun, and I got to see a lot of old team peeps, and of course Mama Lisa and Coach. I got home a little before noon, took a shower, and then took a nap :) Saturday night I had been invited to a going away party for a woman that I know who is moving to Canada... she is the cousin of a former co-worker and 1/4th of the "Vodka Klatch" as her hubby likes to call us :D I figured I'd drop by, say goodbye, visit for awhile and then be back in bed at a semi-reasonable time... didn't really turn out that way! The party was a lot of fun, even though it was sad to say goodbye to Maureen :( We told her when the three of us remaining girls got together again, we'd have to call her and put her on speaker phone so she could still have a cocktail with us :D BYE MAUREEN!!!

Sunday was Ms. Lindsay's actual birthday and it was a day full of celebrations! We were both up around 9:00am watching the rest of the Opening Ceremonies when Lindsay gets a surprise visit from her sister and two nephews! They came bearing gifts, balloons and breakfast! Lindsay's sister made some yummy waffles with fruit and whipped cream, and sausages and she was nice enough to let me join them :D YUMMMM! After lazing around the house a little, Lindsay and I got ready and headed out to the Lafayette Reservoir to grab a picnic area for the day's 2nd celebration :) At 1:00 a bunch of Lindsay's friends and family came to BBQ and hang out. It ended up being pretty hot but we still had a fun day of eating, drinking and hanging out :) I came home later that day stuffed, tired and filthy!


No comments: