Monday, January 14, 2008

The calm before the storm

No update since Thursday... I'm being a bad blogger :( Now that the holidays are over, and since I'm not really training yet, my life lately has been pretty low key. I guess that I should be happy about that since things look like they're going to be getting a little busier over the next few weeks... and when the new TNT season starts at the end of the month things will definately be getting busier!!

Quick update:

Last Thursday a few of us went out for Rocky's 40th birthday to Luka's in Oakland. YUMMMY food and a fun reason to get together :D Amy and I carpooled over together and decided to make a quick stop at Article Pract in Oakland. Bad idea... whole street was blocked off for a few blocks because of a police action. Thank god we left Walnut Creek early... even after the detour, parking a couple blocks away from A.P., a quick visit to the yarn store, and then trying to find parking at Luka's we made it to the restaurant on time!

For the most part the weekend was pretty low key. I spent some time on Saturday taking down all the Christmas decorations. :( Tonight I have to take our tree out to the street to be picked up by the garbage people. I also did some filing and spent some time sitting out on the balcony reading. Saturday night I met a friend in Danville for some drinks and a little dancing to 80's music. Sunday I headed over to Claudia's for what was supposed to be a small knitting get-together. It ended up being a nice sized gathering and of course we had a lot of fun. Claudia and Rocky cooked some yummy, but healthy, food and I actually got a lot of knitting done. I've been bad lately about knitting-- not very motivated to work on anything-- so it was nice to get back into it. Now I have a lot of ideas for projects I want to work on!

No comments: