Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I survived the storm...

... which wasn't as bad as I really thought it was going to be, and I'm kind of sad about that. In a weird way I was really looking forward to torrential rains, hurricane force winds, maybe some power outages. What we got was a lot of rain, a lot of wind, and a bunch of crap in the roads!

Friday was when we were really hit the hardest and I got a nice view of all the storming from my desk at work. Lots of sideways rain and the trees waving in the wind. In anticipation of a storm filled weekend, I hit Blockbuster on my way home and rented a few movie. I didn't really have any plans and thought spending the weekend holed up in my warm home with my comfy clothes on watching movies would be a good idea.

That's basically the way I spent Friday night and a lot of Saturday but since the weather wasn't too awful, I decided it'd be safe to venture out on Saturday night. Lindsay and I had a date night... dinner at Chipotle (along with the entire under 21 population of Walnut Creek), movie (PS. I Love You... VERY sad, but cute and funny too... I laughed, I cried) and then of course some cocktail time at Tiki Tom's and Dan's.

Sunday the weather had definitely calmed down... I caught up on some tv (I currently have a weird crush on Anthony Bourdain and have TiVo'd all episodes of No Reservations) and then met a friend for dinner that night.

Last night I spent the evening volunteering at an Info Meeting for Team In Training... ahhh, the captain duties begin again! It's so fun to see all those eager-yet-semi-terrified faces there... I remember when I was in their shoes exactly 5 years ago in Jan. 2003! And now they can't get rid of me... I've been involved in TNT every since!

1 comment:

Amy said...

OMG! I thought I was the only one with that disturbing crush on Bourdain! Since I'm old-fashioned I have my vcr set to record No Reservations!