Monday, January 21, 2008

Winter padding

The only justification I can come up with for all the eating I did this weekend is that my body must be trying to create some winter padding to protect itself from the snow that's suppossed to be falling in the bay area. Who am I fooling? It's not the need for an extra layer of cold weather protection... it's that food tastes so darn good :(

Friday I met up with Amy, Jeanette and Claudia for a girly evening of pedicures and dinner. During our pedicures, we got a special treat... they busted out a bottle of champagne and poured a glass for everyone there. Drinking champagne while someone rubs my feet and scrubs my legs with some sea salt? Heaven :D After our toes were all polished we headed over for dinner at Maria Maria. We had a yummy dinner, and enjoyed some yummy cocktails :D I don't think our waitress was too pleased with the fact that after we had eaten and paid for dinner, we sat at our table for another hour or so having a couple more drinks. Oh well... she was a little snooty to us at the beginning of the evening and (oh the horror) forgot to bring Amy's margarita so we really didn't feel TOO bad!

Saturday I didn't eat too much earlier in the day in anticipation of the huge amounts of food I would see later at Rocky's parent's house! I took a roundabout route to Daly City so that I could stop off at a couple of yarn stores. I had a gift certificate for one store that I wanted to use up, and Claudia had told us about a big yarn sale at another store so of course I had to check it out. The damage wasn't too bad for the amount of yarn that I got so I was happy. After the yarn spree, I was off to Daly City. Rocky's parents were hosting a 40th birthday party for Rocky... mostly family and some of his closest friends. I had already helped him celebrate his birthday earlier this month but who am I to turn down another chance to celebrate (and eat lumpia)! Rocky's mom had a feast... a turkey, ham, salad, rolls, green beans, pasta, lumpia, various appetizers and then two kinds of cake and a pie. OMG... I don't know how I made it home before I slipped into a food coma! And of course Rocky's mom wouldn't let me go unless I took some food (and a bag of frozen lumpia) home with me :D

I think when I woke up on Sunday I was still full from Saturday night... I wasn't hungry for anything until the afternoon. I attended a Team In Training training with our Coach Mama Lisa and it was also a potluck so I ate a little bit there. Bad idea... I also had dinner plans with my friend Katie and we had some yummy Thai food around 6. So nothing all day until about 3:00... and then I ate again just 3 hours later. My poor belly :( But dang was that Thai food was good... it's impossible to eat just a little. It was a lot of fun to see Katie though... even though she lives just across the bay from me, our busy schedules keep us from seeing each other often. The last time we saw each other was months ago... and in the meantime we've both had a birthday and Christmas has passed-- we had a few gifts to exchange!

No comments: