Friday, January 25, 2008

Rain rain go away... come back in a year

Uggg, it's been so gloomy out :( There are times when I don't mind the gloom... a day curled up in my pjs on the couch with a fire and a good movie can be fun. But a whole week of rain and no sun is not fun :( Supposedly there is snow on the top of Mt. Diablo but I haven't seen it yet because of all the clouds. COME BACK SUN, I MISS YOU!!!

This week has been a pretty mellow one... Monday after work I met up with my friend and former co-worker Ann, her cousin Maureen and friend Lara for drinks and food at Stanfords. Their happy hour rocks! Tuesday and Wednesday I got a lot of knitting done... I was feeling uninspired for awhile but now am excited about knitting again. I guess this cold gloomy weather has one benefit... it makes we want to knit warm things!

Last night I joined a bunch of other TNTers to watch a special theater release of Spirit of the Marathon. It's a documentary film that follows 6 people as they train for the Chicago Marathon. The film did a great job of using these 6 stories to highlight the history of the marathon from the historic first "marathon" (after which the messenger running from Marathon, Greece to Athens reportedly keeled over and died), the development of what is today's marathon, the introduction of women into the sport, and the increase in the marathon's popularity among more "casual", non-elite runners.

I loved that Spirit of the Marathon profiled both elite athletes AND "regular" runners-- I think many of us watching identified more with it because of that. It was a wonderfully produced, entertaining, and inspirational movie! I think it got us all thinking about which marathon we want to do next! Chicago 2009 here I come (maybe... don't hold me to it :D)!

This movie came out at the perfect time... it's gotten me all pumped up for TNT's Spring Season Kick Off tomorrow!

2 comments:

Phil said...

i'm holding you to it! CHI '09

Rock said...

I liked "Runner's High" better. Chicago? What the?? Aw, all right. But only if we get to eat that deep dish pizza afterwards!