Friday, September 28, 2007

All for a good cause

Last night I met up with Brandon, Lindsay, Phil and Karen before the fundraiser at Joe's in Lafayette. We had dinner at Pizza Antica in Lafayette which is SOOO yummy :D My belly was very happy after the pizza, salad and wine! The restaurant was right down the street from Joe's so it was a quick trip to the fundraiser. I had never been to Joe's before and it was pretty nice. I think it used to be some kind of sports bar but now it's more of an upscale jazz place.

MotherHumbuckers went on first a little after 8:00. Their set was a little shorter than an hour so we didn't get to hear all of their songs. They did a fantastic job, as usual, and even played the a son they had written for the team and the honorees. It was very special to hear since it was a TNT fundraiser and we could all use that kind of motivation! The next band was Pine&Battery and they were really good also. By the time they started playing everyone was a little loosened up and brave enough to get up on the dance floor! It seemed like there were a good number of people there so I'm hopnig Rocky and Hugo made some good money for their fundraising!

By 10:00 both bands were done, the DJ was starting to set up and all the college kids were starting to arrive. Since Joe's is the closest club to Moraga and to St. Mary's, there were A LOT of college kids there. In fact, after everyone who was there for the fundraiser left, I think Karen and I were the oldest people there! It was fun to watch all the very young looking college kids having a fun time... but after awhile it made me feel OLD. :( One thing I learned about these youngins is that they LUV their Jager and Red Bulls and their beer of choice is Corona. I see nothing much has changed since my college days... although back then (10 whole years ago) Red Bull wasn't a big thing yet... we went for the straight Jager. :D

Tonight I'm resting up for the run tomorrow... I'm supposed to do 13 miles but I'm not sure if I'm going to do the full mileage. I woke up feeling a little cruddy this morning... not sure if it was the late night, or whatever allergy thing is going on, or a combination of both. This weekend I also have to pack for a trip to Vegas... no, I'm not going for fun, it's work :( There's a big tradeshow every year for our industry so my boss, coworker and I are attending. I won't have a chance to blog until I get back on Wednesday... Have a great weekend everyone!!!

No comments: