Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'm going CRAZY!!

Wow, it's been such a crazy day. I've been on the phone so much I think I'm getting cauliflower ear!

Last night I met up with Amy for our Wednesday night run. I got there a few minutes early and Amy was already there so we got an early start on our run. Boy it was hot out... and Amy was tapering, and I was still a little sore, and we're both wussies, so we went nice and sllloooowwww :) Or at least we tried to... whenever Amy tells me that this time she's actually going to take it slow and not run too fast, she always ends up running too fast! She wanted to stick with a 12:30-13:00 mile since she's doing Portland next weekend but instead she averages a tad over 12 minutes per mile. Thanks to a little (and I mean LITTLE) burst of speed at the end, I averaged just under a 12 minutes mile. The run felt good, except for the heat. I'm SO looking forward to when it will be cool during our runs... but I'm not looking forward to when it will be DARK during our runs :(

Tonight I'm not running with Amy and Pam like I did last weekend... I am going to a TNT fundraiser put on by Rocky and another TNT band dude Hugo. Both of their bands, MotherHumbuckers and Pine&Battery, will be playing at Joe's of Lafayette and even though it's a school night, there's no way I'd miss the show, especially since it's practically in my backyard!

No comments: