Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Easy Track

Last night I went out to DVC for the Diablo Valley team's track workout. I was hoping that they'd kind of take it easy on us since most people had just done the 20 miler a few days earlier. I arrived there a few minutes late and was met at the top of the bleachers by the team who was on their way OUT of the track area. I guess Coach Tim decided to take it easy on us, at least sort of :)

We start out on the street and ran about a half mile to the trail that runs above DVC (and I guess all the way out to Highway 4 if you go far enough). I felt a little winded on the way to the trail but just figured I wasn't quick recovered from the 20 miler. We did a short stretch at the trail head and then Coach Tim sent us on our way for a quick 15-20 minutes out, and then back. I had never been on this section of the trail before (I'm not sure if it was Iron Horse, or the Canal Trail... I'm thinking Canal Trail) so that was nice... but it was also full of this tiny little hills :( I can't seem to get away from those darn hills. I pushed myself though and ran up them all... 15 minutes out, and then 15 minutes back. By the time we started back, it was starting to get dark out... I guess it's about time to bust out the headlamp! After we hit the trail head where we started, we were back out on the street and back to DVC for the last half mile. I was a nice downhill slope, which explains why I was so out of breathe on the way out!

I think I finished about 40 minutes for around 3.5 miles and I actually felt good. I could feel my hips starting to ache again but no biggie... my body is still recovernig and that will get better over the next couple of days!

No comments: