Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"You have a baby... in a bar"

(If you didn't know... that's a quote from Sweet Home Alabama) :D

Last night Claudia, Rocky and I met up with Kathy, an old TNT friend, her hubby Rick and their new baby Ava. Kathy used to live in San Jose and I met her my very first season of TNT back in 2003. She became one of our good friends but a few years ago she moved away from the Bay Area. She now lives in Idaho, which means we don't get to see her very often :( Last time she came to town in 2006 I was driving to Yuba City for a funeral so I didn't get to see her. Since then, she and Rick had a beautiful little baby named Ava and were back in the Bay Area visiting family and friends.

We all met up at Havana's... one of our favorite eating (but mostly drinking) places. It wasn't until after we had made plans that I thought maybe this wasn't the best place to meet up with Kathy and Rick, since they'd have Ava with them. But oh well... it is a restaurant, not just a bar, and we weren't going during the heavy party time! In fact, we saw a couple other babies there!

We had so much fun catching up with Kathy and Rick and playing with Ava. She is such a sweet little baby! Claudia and I brought some baby gifts that we had bought during our Friday shopping spree so they opened them there. I think Ava liked the ribbons more than her new outfits and toys!

Because of our dinner plans last night, I didn't make it to track... again. It's cooled off a lot over the past couple of days so tonight Claudia, Amy and I have no excuse NOT to run! We'll see how I feel though after the two mojitos I had last night!



No comments: