Thursday, September 06, 2007

Creepy Red Sun

Well, I lied yesterday... we DID have a good reason not to run last night: the icky, smokey air. :( There have been a lot of fires in the area recently. The Lick Fire began Monday in Henry Coe State Park down in Morgan Hill-- so far it's burned about 11,000 acres and it's only 20% contained. Another fire started on Monday in the Plumas National Forest-- that 15,000 acre fire is only 5% contained. As a result of these wildfires, the air quality has been very poor. The air is hot and smoky, and the light looks wierd too... it's like a hazy orange. When I left the house today for work I noticed that the light looked wierd again... when I got to work I saw why. Instead of a bright yellow sun up in the sky, the sun is a neon reddish orange color. Very creepy.





So last night we canceled our run and instead I did some much needed grocery shopping, got some new books at the library, watched some tv and then fit in a quick core/ab workout before bed. Since the air is crappy today too, I probably won't run again... I'll do another core/ab workout and then carbo load with a pasta dinner in preparation for the 18 miler on Saturday!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love your creepy picture. We're blogging twins today f'sure! Have a great 18 miler on Saturday.