Thursday, November 01, 2007

It's TIME!!!

Wow, in a little over 24 hours I'll be here:



It's time.... IT'S TIME!! AHHH! I can't believe the time has actually come! Part of me feels like I've been training for this for so long, and part of me feels like I just started a short time ago. I guess that means that I'm prepared, I just don't feel like I am! And I don't think I'm alone... it seems like many of us, even though we've all done multiple marathons, are nervous about this race for some reason. The official marathon website even had an article about race anxiety.

But on Sunday morning, the long wait will be over :D Me, Claudia, Jeanette, Amy, Lael, Raji, Lindsay, Monica, Sandy, and Bree and over 37,000 other runners will be running our way through the 5 boroughs of New York! Rocky, Phil, Anthea, my parents, brother and family friends will be out there supporting us (THANK YOU!!!)... friends back home will be rooting for us... crowds all along the course will be cheering us on... and we'll hopefully be having the time of our lives! I have to keep reminding myself that this race is not about the time... it's about the experience of running in a world famous marathon... and sharing that experience with some of my best friends!

Tonight I just need to do a little last minutes packing and then tomorrow we're off to NYC! I want to thank everyone for all the well-wishes... it has really helped knowing that you're all wishing us well! And thank you to the team for all their support and for letting me crash your runs over the past few months--I definitely couldn't have trained for this without that support and help!

Check back next week for a race, and trip, update!!

No comments: