Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Busy Little Bee...

... that's me! Last night was all about semi-last minute errands. After work I had to do one errand for work, went to the bank to get some money for the trip, stopped off at Target to get a few things, hit Ross to look at luggage and then went to dinner with my folks... 13.5 hours after I left the house, I was finally home again. Sigh.

I managed to leave Target with only the items I went there for. Target usually sucks me in and I end up leaving with way more than I intended but last night I was a good girl. I went in for some contact solution, headache medicine, lotion, a neck pillow and throw-away sweats for the race start and that's exactly what I left with! While I was in the shoe section I heard a "Hey Lady!" and guess who it was... Claudia! She was also shopping for some last minute items. We went our separate ways after chatting for a few minutes and then end up running into each other by the lotions. A few minutes later we also run into another friend of ours who's going to NY!

While I was at Ross I get a call from my parents who had just driven into town. They flew out of Oakland early this morning for NY and rather than trying to get a flight from Sacramento to Oakland last night or really early today, they decided to just drive down last night. They met me at Ross and helped me pick out a new suitcase to replace one I have that's falling apart! From there we went over to the old Cantina, which is the new Maria Maria, for dinner. I LOVE this place! The guy who brought Bing Crosby's, Havana, McCovey's and a few other places to Walnut Creek, recently revamped the Cantina with Carlos Santana (hence the name Maria Maria). The decor is much trendier and more intimate and the food is fantastic. I had these shrimp tacos that were delicious. And once I saw the fried plantains on the menu, I knew I had to order those too!

Towards the end of dinner the three of us are sitting there and we feel this slight shaking... it almost feels like someone is shaking their leg under the table really hard. My mom says "What is that?!" Just an earthquake Mom :D My parents, living near Sacramento, haven't been in an earthquake for a long time so it was a little exciting :) A few rolls later and the excitement was over though. It was a 5.6 which is pretty good sized but I guess it was centered down in the south bay near San Jose so that's why we didn't feel it too strongly. Once I got home I did a little more packing and organizing and then it was off to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Olivia...Have a great run and time in NYC!!!! I wish all you ladies (and gents) the best (so excited for you!).