Friday, October 19, 2007

GOOD LUCK NIKE RUNNERS!!!

With Nike just a couple of days away, I want to say GOOD LUCK! to everyone who is running the full or half marathon, but especially to Brandy and Phil who are tackling the full marathon!!

I've done the Nike Half Marathon since it first started 4 years ago and it's always been a special race... it's a Woman's marathon (boys can of course run it too but the focus is on us girls :D); it's a race FOR the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; the course is tough, but gorgeous with it's views of the Golden Gate Bridge; and of course there is the Tiffany's necklace at the finish line! But this year it will be an especially special race. It just happens to fall near both the 6 month anniversary of Brenda's death, and Cole's 5th birthday. What better way to celebrate these lives of these two amazing people than running a race dedicated to raising money for a cause that was very close to both of them!

I know that when the going gets tough, which it always does at Nike, I'll be thinking of Cole and Brenda-- I know they'll be out there in spirit pushing us along :D And for anyone who needs a little extra inspiration and motivation while they're climbing that first big hill around mile 6, keep your eyes on the side of the road and you'll find it ;)

Last night I went over to SF to check out the Nike Expo and pick up my packet. I BARTed over with Amy, Anita, Jeanette and Raji and a bunch of other TNT peeps who were on the train with us. We met up with Brandy at the Expo in Union Square and spent the next few hours checking out all the goodies, drinking free wine, shopping at Niketown for some Nike swag, and drinking MORE free wine. At 7:30 Amy, Anita and I met Claudia and Rocky for dinner at my favorite Union Square restaurant, the Daily Grill. :D I had a yummy Crab Louie salad and since I'd already had two glasses of wine, thanks to Amy's bad influence ;), I had a beer too. Shhh, don't tell Coach on me! After dinner we all hopped back on the BART train and I made it home by about 10:00 :( I was so pooped I didn't even read when I got in bed... just went straight to sleep! Tonight I'll be carbo loading and resting up before Nike on Sunday!

2 comments:

Amy said...

"Amy's bad influence"????? I think you mean "Amy's excellent ideas," right??

Olivia said...

Well, maybe a mix of both... you see how you didn't have to twist my arm TOO much!!