Friday, October 12, 2007

Bye Bye Bubbles

My poor little fishy has passed away :( I came home last night from work and he was in the same position he's been in for the past few day-- just laying sideways on the bottom of the tank. When I looked closely I could tell that he was still breathing, but just barely. I did a little internet research on sick Bettas and I think he had Dropsy, which is fatal for fish. He was also very old in fish years... Claudia and I got him a little over 3 years ago-- most Betta's live only 1-2 years, especially if they came from a pet store. After I got home last night I took a nap and when I came back out of my room I could see that he wasn't breathing anymore :( How I will miss my little fishy... even though he was just a fish he was the first pet that I had all on my own.

A couple of years ago I thought Bubbles was going to die... he wasn't eating, wasn't really swimming around and didn't seem himself. Claudia and I asked Rocky to draw a memorial picture of Bubbles in case he did kick the bucket. I'm sure Rocky thought we were crazy but he did it for us anyway :)


2 comments:

Phil said...

sorry for your loss.

Sylvia said...

God bless you, Bubbles--Love, Mom