Thursday, October 04, 2007

Short run, short update :D

I met Amy last night for our Wednesday night run. Amy is tapering for the Portland Marathon and she really wasn't in the mood for running but I made her do it :D Since I missed my usual track workout on Tuesday, and didn't think I'd be able to run tonight, I knew I needed to get in at least one run before this weekend.

Our pace was nice and slow on the way out. It wasn't too warm and we had some nice shade since the sun is going down earlier now. When we got to the turn around at about 1.5 miles we took our usual walk break. Amy wanted to walk the rest of the way since she was tapering... this is crazy marathon Amy that we're talking about so no way did I let her get away with that! If it was anyone else but her I might have given in but I knew she could handle it :D

All in all it was a nice run... and I was home in time to eat some dinner, take a shower and catch up on some of the tv I've missed over the past few days!

Amy is leaving tomorrow for Portland so GOOD LUCK!! I think my brother is also running it so if you are, GOOD LUCK BUDDY! And GOOD LUCK to everyone else who's going to be up there running the marathon with them!

No comments: